Wallets are a necessity and everyone is aware of it. They have a great functionality when it comes to carrying money. Having a wallet means one can carry their cash safely along with many other things. A wallet is a basic folding case which is small and can fit easily into one’s pocket. The very important things that one should carry in the wallets at all times are cash, credit/debit cards, photos, and identification. Other than these things one can keep certain important contact details as well in case of emergencies. However, it is always advised to not carry every little thing in one’s wallet like a library card, receipts, coupons, discount cards, etc. While buying a wallet one should pay attention to its size, fold style, and the material it is made up of.
Common types of wallets
Some of the very common types of wallets that are found in the market are:
- Billfold: these are the most common ones used. These wallets either fold twice or thrice and is used by 90% of men around the world. Every wallet looks different from each other and the most common material of these wallets is leather.
- Travel: these wallets are for those who travel a lot and thus have to keep a lot more things than just cash. These wallets can carry passports, sized accordingly to fit different currencies and various credit cards.
- Sports: these wallets are for those who spend a lot of time outdoors. These wallets are waterproof in nature and also have a zipper on it to keep the contents safe.
- Slim: these wallets are thin and thus can only carry the necessities like some cash, cards, and ID. One can also keep them in the front pocket, reducing the chances of getting pickpocketed.
Things to consider before buying
There are some tips that should be kept in mind while choosing, like:
- Right size: bigger wallets can look clumsy and can also create a back pocket bulge ruining the overall look. Therefore go for a small and slim one with either bifold or triple fold. Thinner ones will also make sure that one will not carry unnecessary things with them.
- Neat: look for a wallet with minimalist style. They are also one of the things that will showcase one’s fashion sense, so select wisely and choose a simple looking single color.
- Right material: wallets are not just about design and size, it also about the material. A good material will last longer and a flimsy cheap material will lead to frequent wallet changes. Choose leather, cotton, canvas or polyester depending on one’s choice.
- The right price: wallets are important and on top of that one will use the same wallet daily. Therefore, one should look for one that is of sturdy quality which will last longer. Invest some money on the wallet so that it can be used for a longer period.
- Compartments: compartments are the most important feature of a wallet. Look for one that has an ample number of useful compartments so that one can organize their belongings efficiently.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe