Carrier bags are a really handy option for all those shopping trips when organizing the load becomes a cumbersome task. Thanks to their convenience carrier bags are an extremely useful option. Made out of high quality plastic, these bags are used everywhere. You will need them when you are shopping, packing food and doing a whole lot of other types of storage. However, since the career bags are made out of plastic, you must not throw them. Plastic is recyclable. Therefore, our recommendation would be to dispose the plastic in a manner that it can be recycled. This way you will ensure better usability and at the same time, you will be able to do your bit for the environment as well.
Here are some interesting tips on how to reuse the plastic career bags especially when you are using them to store food items.:
– Veg vs. Non vegetarian food: If you are using the plastic carrier bags to store food, be specific and divide them between the vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items. For example, bags that have been used to store raw meat or fish should not be used to store vegetables. Once you interchange, the chances of the food being stored rotting away automatically become higher.
– What if the food stored gets spoilt: There are many occasions when the foods stored inside career bags are spoilt. In fact, even when you are storing meat, the chances of the juices spilling are always high. However, once this happens, we would advise you to dispose the plastic bag. Don’t use it to store other stuff because the shelf life has already been compromised upon.
– Seal the bag: Carrier bags need to be sealed particularly when you are using them to store food. Not sealing them exposes the food to the external environment and therefore catalyses the bacterial activity that ultimately spoils the food.
– Capacity matters: When the food is being stored in carrier bags, you have to ensure that the capacity of the bag matches the amount of food that you want to store. Here again, you have to remember that it should not be less and it should not be more.
– Store in a cool dry place: Whatever you are storing in the carrier bag, make sure that the bag is stored in a cool dry place to avoid the external environment from interfering with the food that is stored within.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe