What is it? It’s not a steam mop nor a steam carpet cleaner.
It doesn’t use steam at all.
It uses cool water and solution and it’s unique scrubbing system to clean floors according to it’s claims.
I wanted to find out for myself and try first
The Product Description Claims
The Shark Duo (Trade Mark) Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner… Model 613A
1) Safe for all floors including wood, tiles, lino, stone and carpets or rug areas
2) Sonic Trap and remove Technology
3 ) 1000 scubs in a minute.
4) Airglide manouvering ability
5) Includes 3 pads in green and no rinse wood and hard floor cleaner for the hard floors
6) Plus low moisture no rinse carpet shampoo with 2 pads (purple trim ) for the carpets and rug areas
7) Pretreater carpet and spot remover
8) Wood and hard floor polish plus buffingpads
9) 2 coloured re-usable bottles ( for the concentrate solutions )
10) And a tray
1) Swivel steering to 180 degrees
2) Non toxic and bio-degradable for safety to pets and Family.
3) Info from Manufacturer if needed
4) Available through approved Retailers or at direct online
5) No rinse Solutions through Shark Retailers or direct online
6) Totally wool safe approved
7) Available at price of around $260 RRP or online
PERFORMANCE OF THE SHARK DUO CARPET AND HARD FLOOR CLEANER 613A
1) Little assembly time to set up
2) Comes with the Manual that should be retained
3) Plenty of Accessories as mentioned above to do all your carpets and hard floor areas.
4) All the accessories come in colour coded bottles or pads to avoid confusion
5) Insure to read the Manual fully to take in important info even if this has been already covered but I will re-emphasise below
Always vacuum or sweep before cleaning and vacuum carpets and rugs again after shampooing.
Make sure to put water in the bottle first, then the solutions.
Make sure you use only Shark approved Sonic solutions.
Use Carpet spot cleaner manuallyto pretreat stains.
Under no circumstances do not use without a floor pad attached.
Make sure machine has solutions and pad set up before plugging in and turning on.
When finished remove pad and bottle and unplug.
Machine wash pads with liquid detergents and hang to dry.
Results from my trial use:
On the kitchen and lino I was very impressed how the machine worked. The floor was well overdue for a clean and the machine handled in a most impressive manner.
It was extremely easy to handle with it’s swivel mechanism and got into corners easily.
It was especially impressive at getting under the fridge and hard furniture without difficulty. The solutions were applied by a trigger on the handle spraying out about 6 inches in front before vacuuming that area.
The whole operation was really easy as THE SONIC DUO does all the work for you.
After I had finished I was really impressed how the dirty kitchen turned out.
I then decided to keep going on the laminate. I didn’t change pads but just kept going but this time was slightly lighter on my solution. The results again were really good.
I then decided to try the soft carpets and rugs and changed my solution.
I did as little spot removing prior to shampooing then started. The SHARK SONIC DUO was again really easy to use on the Carpet.
Other than the stain which needed 3 applications to remove, the carpet came up a treat which was beautifully fresh again.
The re-usable bottles can be detached and re-used again with the remaining solution in the bottles.
MY OVERALL IMPRESSION OF THE SHARK SONIC DUO.
This would have to be one of the easiest and most versatile Cleaners I have used. It has particularly easy handling, no rinse solutions leaving a clear floor with no residue if you change pads when needed
It dries adequately and when doing carpets does a really good job at freshening up and most importantly unlike steam cleaners is not as harsh avoiding removing important lanolin from the carpet. Other members of the Family have used it and have been equally impressed.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe