Anyone purchasing a commercial inkjet addressing printer has traditionally had two choices available to them: either pay a lot of money up front for a commercial printhead (but save money on supplies) or pay less for the addressing printer with disposable printheads/cartridges (but spend a lot more on supplies).
With the disposable ink cartridge system, the printhead is replaced every time it runs out of ink. While the printheads may be cheaper (which is why they’re considered disposable) it is an added cost to printing, as opposed to using the non-disposable printheads. In these addressing printers, the ink is delivered from a reservoir to the permanent printheads, and the only supply cost is the actual ink itself.
Of course, other than costs, there are advantages and disadvantages to both systems. Speed, reliability, versatility, and quality, to name a few. But often, the decision on which one to buy really came down to one thing: price. Buskro’s answer to the quandary is the Atom printhead: a non-disposable addressing printer at an affordable price… with all the advantages that non-disposable printheads have always had.
As with Buskro’s successful 2500/5100 series, the Atom addressing printer includes a self-contained ink delivery system, which can use UV ink or a solvent ink. Features include:
- Speeds of up to 780 Feet per minute, for marking applications.
- Choice of UV or Solvent ink for aggressive paper coatings (UV Inks would require an UV curing lamp, but offers the ability to adhere to virtually ANY paper substrate, or even plastic.)
- Significantly lower ink pricing, when compared to disposable cartridges.
- Installation on existing inkjet bases possible (most vendors offer install kits for all the major brands of transport bases… it’s even possible to ‘convert’ cartridge based inkjet addressing printers).
- No Custom PC Controller needed: this system can be driven with an “off the shelf” PC.
- New Flexmail Software Interface takes advantage of all the features in Windows, including True Type Fonts and graphics.
- Printheads available in 2.55″ increments or in a 5.1″ block, fully adjustable to print anywhere on the medium.
The Buskro Atom Commercial Addressing Printer gets two thumbs up for finally solving the affordability problem for high-speed non-disposable inkjet systems. The higher speeds and reliability allow mailing companies to cut on labor costs without sacrificing quality.
If you haven’t seen the Buskro Atom in action, call your vendor and set up a demo soon.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe