Extended Returns Information
For the 2020 holiday season, most of the items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021.
Amazon Global Store Return Policy
It can take up to 25 days for an item to reach us once you return it. Once the item is received at our fulfillment center, it takes 2 business days for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to show up in your account.
Your return label will require you to return the item at your own expense. Amazon will automatically refund up to $20 for return postage costs on receipt of the item. If your return postage costs exceed $20, you may contact our Customer Service Center to request a refund of the remaining postage cost. If you return a defective, damaged or incorrect item, you’ll be refunded the full postage cost, as well as your Import Fees Deposit, once your return is processed.
Amazon Alexa Voice Shopping
Non-digital products purchased using Alexa are eligible for free returns. To return a product purchased using Alexa, process your return as normal in the Returns Center. We’ll automatically refund you any shipping charges applied to the return. You should see the shipping refund within 7 days of receiving your product refund.
In addition, if you accidentally purchase a song or album from our Digital Music Store using Alexa, that purchase is eligible for return and refund if we receive your request within 7 days of the date of purchase. To request a refund, contact customer service.
Seller Return Policy
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com’s, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller’s return policy, once you’ve ordered, you can select your order in the Returns Center.
Third-party sellers must either provide a return address within the United States, provide a prepaid return label, or offer a full refund without requesting the item be returned. If a seller does not offer these methods to return your items, you may file an A-to-z Guarantee claim to seek help with your return.
If you are sending the item within the United States and the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued over $35 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. For items below $35, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service. If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.
Note: If the seller’s listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com that are outlined on this page.
Delivery with Services
- Returns or exchanges for items purchased from a third-party seller that provided a Delivery with Service (in-home unpacking, installation, assembly, etc.) have to be scheduled by the seller.
- During the scheduled return pick-up, the seller will uninstall or disassemble, and pick up the item.
- All sellers participating in the Delivery with Services program are required to support scheduled return pickups or exchanges.
- If a seller does not offer these methods, or is non-responsive to scheduling an appointment to return your items, you may contact the Amazon Home Services team, or file an A-to-z Guarantee claim.
- If a Delivery with Services item is missing parts or damaged through customer misuse, the customer may be charged a restocking fee based on the condition of the product.