Features of Node.js are as follows:
• Non Blocking and focus is on the Event − All API’s of Node.js library are asynchronous, i.e. they are non-blocking. It originally means a Node.js based server will never wait for an API to return the data. The server then moves over to the next API after calling it. It then using notification mechanism of Events of this platform helps the server to get a response from the previous API call.
• Even though it is Single Threaded yet it is Highly Scalable − This platform utilizes a single threaded model along with event looping. Event mechanism aids the server to reciprocate in a non-blocking way and also makes the server highly scalable averse to the traditional servers which used to create limited threads to handle the requests. It utilizes a program which is single threaded and can arrange service to a much bigger number of requests in comparison to the traditional servers like Apache HTTP Server.
• No Buffering – The applications of this platform never buffers any data. These applications simply provide output to the data in chunks.
• License – The license for Node.js was released under the MIT license.
This platform is used by the following Companies in its operations follows: eBay, General Electric, GoDaddy, Microsoft, PayPal, Uber, Wikipins, Yahoo!, and Yammer to name a few.
Following are the area in which Node.js is proves itself as an ideal technological partner.
• Adopts I/O bound Applications
• Data Streaming Applications
• Data Intensive Real-time Applications (DIRT)
• JSON APIs based Applications
• Single Page Applications
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe