Leather coats look really good on everyone and this is the reason why you must consider keeping them in good shape. For keeping your coats well maintained you’ll have to re-dye them again and again so that they don’t get distressed. Leather dyes do come in a huge range of colors and textures. You could easily mix several colors together for creating a specific color. You could even add some water into the mixture for enhancing the leather’s texture even more. It is very crucial for you to prepare and clean the coat well before you start coloring it so that proper results can be generated.
If you want to re-dye your coat made up of leather then you should consider following the instructions given below.
1. You should first use a leather de-glazer to get rid of any kind of applied conditioner on the coat which might further damage the fabric. You need to rub the de-glazer carefully on the affected area of the jacket using a small piece of cloth or cotton.
2. Once you’re ready to re-dye the coat you must consider mixing up the dye nicely before using. You should even keep the bottle in which you’re planning to pour the dye absolutely neat and clean. Add some water to the mixture to enhance its texture and color.
3. After the mixture is ready you need to test it on a small piece of cloth. This would help you in determining whether the color is right for your coat or not. If you feel that there are some color variations then you need to adjust the mixture accordingly.
4. Apply the dye on the coat and try to make even strokes that will enhance the overall look and feel of the fabric.
5. Once you’ve properly applied the mixture on the fabric, you should hang the coat on a padded hanger and keep it somewhere safe. The place where you keep the coat should be cool and dry.
6. Use a leather finish spray in the end to give your jacket a final touch. This would definitely keep the fabric and dye intact for a long period of time.
You can be rest assured that by dyeing your coat from time to time you will be able to enhance its life a great deal. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and dye your leather jacket today if you wish to keep its color and texture intact.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe