Mobile technologies has revolutionized every industry and brought business functions on the mobile screens. Business associates have a lot of mobile features to manage their companies’ affairs and therefore, they are rest assured about the management, no matter where they are. They can always take care of their business.
The biggest advantage of being a mobile startup is the opportunity to add more features and services to the business that allows the company to get a competitive advantage in the industry. The taxi industry is among those attractive industries that encourage organizations to keep on adding unique features and facilities to capture the maximum market. When Uber started its operations in 2009, the company didn’t stop innovating its services and it is because of their efforts and hard work that they managed to introduce the concept of mobile taxi applications, thus adding convenience and ease to their business.
The best part is that other companies followed the trend and added their own ideas to make their mobile taxi applications different from what Uber or their competitors possess. However, for a taxi startup, there are two fundamental parameters that should be communicated to the mobile application developer so that they can develop an app accordingly:
• Maximum Transparency: In order to develop a reliable and trustworthy taxi booking application, the taxi company must follow the fair pricing policy and keep their booking rates affordable for every type of customer. Booking rates are one of the crucial factors to predict the success of the mobile app because if they are not suitable for most of the customers, the company would end up with having a certain class as their customers.
• Efficiency in Hiring: Most of the customers want instant response for their requests while, taxi drivers do not want to sit idle and therefore, they always want to remain engaged in the work. The app developer should integrate symbiotic mechanism to provide the best solution to satisfy both, the drivers and customers.
Let’s now have a look at the necessary tools and techniques that will help taxi companies to create a high quality real-time on-demand taxi platform.
GPS-Driven Maps and Locations
Mobile taxi applications are required to be user-friendly so that they can handle multi-user requests and customers are rest assured that the vehicle is going to arrive soon. For this, the driver should use ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) feature to let the customers know about when he/she will pick them and what would be the best route to carry them to the destination.
Integrated Payment System
There are different methods to integrate payment system. To make the mobile taxi application efficient and performance-oriented, the app developer has to find out the most suitable framework in order to be sure that it supports customers and keep them satisfied with the service. The available frameworks include:
• Braintree payment system: Collects customers’ payment information through the client SDK
• Venmo Touch: One-tap purchase without credit card information
• Stripe APIs: The most developer-friendly API for cross-platform application development
• PayPal SDK: NVP/SOAP and RESTful APIs allow to create a simple payment platform with different languages
In order to implement this feature, taxi companies have to incorporate Apple Push Notification Service for iPhone users and Google Cloud Messaging Service (GCM) for Android users. This way, the communication between the drivers and passengers remain effective and they can easily track one another.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe