What’s essential before your business can grow to the next level
I’m sure you’ve seen the headlines:
“5 Steps to Creating a Million-Dollar Business”
“How to Make a Million Dollars in 30 Days”
or how about
“How to Make a Million Dollars Online in 2 Minutes” (Yes, this is a YouTube video title!)
What comes to mind when you see those headlines? Are they true, or a bunch of hogwash?
What if I told you both would be correct?
Now before you hit the delete or back button, hear me out.
Ever since COVID-19 hit, I’ve been doing a lot of self-discovery work. I’ve read Vishen Lakhiani (founder of Mindvalley) books and taken his Be Extraordinary program, I attended a Mindset Retreat and have learned a lot about my personality type through Dressing Your Truth to name a few.
Through all of this deep dive work, I have received a lot of clarity and “aha” moments-especially with this whole concept of reaching multi-million-dollar success.
And just so you know, one of the features that my particular personality type has (Type 4 if you follow Carol Tuttle), is to share the knowledge I receive and believe in. It’s in my DNA, so I can’t help it!
Let’s get back to having a million-dollar business…
The good news: it is achievable.
The disappointing news: It requires either a helluva lot of hard work and luck, or a lot of soul searching and mindset shifts.
Yes. I know. I said the “mindset” word.
It’s been around for a long time.
Preached by many coaches, Law of Attraction gurus and so on.
Are you open to hearing more on why this term keeps showing up when talking about success? Great, keep reading.
Let me ask you in the context of your business:
• Have you ever said to yourself you can’t afford something your business could really need and benefit from?
• Have you ever considered taking a program, getting more education, or signing up for a high-level mastermind and immediately shut down the idea once you knew the cost?
• How about when you first started your business? Did you try to do everything yourself in efforts to save money and/or not have to spend any money to get started?
• Have you ever hit a roadblock in your business that caused you to want to shut down all together or go back to doing something that was more familiar?
The odds are you have experienced this more than once. Probably many times. Heck, I know I do! Just the other day I saw a promotion for a high-end business-business event I thought would be perfect to attend… until I saw the price tag that is.
Why is that?
It’s our mindset.
Recently I attended a Mindset Retreat put on by Fabienne Fredrickson. I went into this retreat with no real issue or problem I needed to solve. I was more curious than anything-I thought if I did have any mindset issues that needed to be sorted out, they’d come to the surface at this event.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover I was doing pretty well! But there was room for improvement (isn’t there always?).
I also discovered how much of a huge obstacle this was for many struggling entrepreneurs.
There were many in attendance who were struggling to:
• Get their first paying clients
• Charge enough to cover their business costs
• Make their first $1000, $5000, $10,000 in a month
• Believe they could reach lofty goals such as making $1,000,000 in their business
• Think bigger than earning enough to pay the bills and no more
• Get visible and be known as an expert in their industry
• And so on, and so on…
Well guess what they all had in common?
It turns out, our limiting beliefs come from messages (whether false or real) we internalized before we reached the age of 7. Check out the video below from Dr. Bruce Lipton explaining this phenomenon.
Growing up, the big one I heard was the classic, “Money doesn’t grow on trees!”
(When in fact this is actually quite false-there are lots of businesses who do very well that require growing fruit or nuts on trees!)
If I had a dollar every time I heard that phrase, I’d be a millionaire by now.
I’m not going to even try to explain this complex topic, let alone any offer solutions to this insidious subject here, as there’s plenty of people who are far more qualified than I who can help with that. (If you would like to find a solution, reach out and I can offer some recommendations.)
But my hope and intention was to get you thinking to see if there’s any possibility you might be experiencing limiting beliefs through deep-seeded mindset programming.
Programming that comes from years ago, that could be holding you back from even believing it’s possible you can boast a million-dollar business someday?
As Fabienne Fredrickson said during the retreat:
“You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way. The more you get out of your way, the more you show up, the more people you serve, the more money you make.”
Here’s the thing. Going back to those headlines I shared above. They could be from legit sources by people who truly do know how to get your business to that million-dollar level.
And they also could be fraudsters who are counting on those who are desperate and willing to pay anything to get the promised pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Behind that marketing curtain lurks someone who is making a million dollars convincing desperate people they have the answer. The solution that will make it all happen easily and effortlessly.
The problem is:
a) They are not really millionaires. They want you to think they are using those private jets and driving expensive cars, but in reality they just rented or borrowed those props for their photo or video shoot that will be used to market their wares.
b) They are selling you the product, program or system that worked for them. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you.
c) Unless they address the mindset blocks first, it’s very difficult to reach the success they promise.
Simply put: you can’t truly succeed until those mindset blocks are resolved.
“Willpower does not work for more than 5%, because it comes from conscious. The current state of your mindset is causing the current results. Subconscious programming (beliefs) drive your behavior, habits and actions.” Fabienne Fredrickson
Now this is not to say everyone has mindset issues.
There are plenty of very successful businesspeople who were blessed to have not heard or internalized those messages when they were young, or did the work needed to get those blocks out of the way of their success.
So if you think there are some limiting beliefs lying beneath the surface that are blocking your success or million-dollar business, I encourage you to explore the resources I’ve compiled below.
Let’s remove the “probably won’t” out of this article’s title and move onwards and upwards together!
To your Business Success,
- Book: The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed on Your Own Terms (amzn.to/35yfy5R ) by Vishen Lakhiani
- Book: Embrace Your Magnificence: Get Out of Your Own Way and Live a Richer, Fuller, More Abundant Life ( https://amzn.to/35wprBc ) by Fabienne Fredrickson
- Article: Leadership Success Tips for Small Business Entrepreneurs (evisionmedia.ca/leadership-success-tips-small-business-entrepreneurs/)
- Dr. Bruce Lipton Explains HOW WE ARE PROGRAMMED AT BIRTH (www.YouTube.com/watch?v=7TivZYFlbX8&list=PLDyzuA46kvJl877npx3kJX4SOYew_7GVr&index=158)
- Fabienne Fredrickson Boldheart Business (Mindset Retreats are twice a year) (boldheart.com/ )
- Mindvalley’s Be Extraordinary Quest program ( https://www.mindvalley.com/be-extraordinary/ )
- Book: It’s Just My Nature! A Guide To Knowing and Living Your True Nature (amzn.to/35yg4Rl )
- Free Course: Live Your Truth Beginners Guide (www.liveyourtruth.com/195.HTML ) There are 4 Types of Beauty, which one are you?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe