Leather coats and jackets are both practical and fashionable to look at, as they are evergreen and last for a lifetime. However, newly purchased leather can be unyielding and shimmery, making the coat quite uncomfortable and scratchy to wear. For breaking in your leather coat without actually damaging it in the procedure, you’ll be required to invest at least 1 hour in treating the fabric to make it supple and soft. In the article discussed below we are going to talk in particular about breaking in your favorite leather coat easily.
1. You should first carefully rub down your jacket using some saddle soap. You must carefully apply the soap to a small piece of cloth and then rub it onto the coat. Clean the coat properly by making slow hand movements so that you are able to carry out the first step of the procedure nicely.
2. Now, you must properly clean off all the remaining soap on the coat using a cotton ball. You should now rinse out the fabric properly so that the accumulated dirt can come out quickly. In the end, you got to get rid of the additional water from the fabric so that the coat can properly dry out.
3. You should now apply some leather cream on the fabric. It is basically meant to be rubbed deep into the fabric and left there to safeguard it. Use a small piece of cloth to apply the leather cream. Using gentle movements, you got to properly cleanse the leather fabric so that you are able to get rid of all the excessive cream.
4. It is very important for you to properly treat your leather jacket from time to time. This would help you in improving its color and texture significantly over a period of time. When the coat gets more comfortable to wear, you should stop conditioning it right away.
5. Once the process gets over you must make sure that you do wear the jacket quite often so that it starts fitting you properly. Avoid washing it too much as it could have a bad effect on the fabric.
So, these are some of the most important instructions and tips to follow when it comes to breaking in your favorite leather jacket. You must ensure that you do work hard and come across some fine options on the go. Have a lot of fun and enjoy yourself while keeping your jacket intact.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe