Howdy folks, knife sharpeners have been quite popular in the recent years. Especially since the rise and fall of the food network. While searching online I noticed that some sharpeners sell for over $150 and then I found other sharpeners for 8 bucks. I figured since there are such a wide variety of prices that at least one of the cheap choices has to be a quality option.
1. KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage – $5.99 Free Shipping
This is the cheapest but not the best, however it does get the job done. Don’t get if you have good knives though.
2. Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic – $11.19 Free Shipping
This thing is awesome, it’s the best cheap sharpener for serrated edges imo.
- Tungsten Carbide-Three Or Four Strokes Will Restore Your Blade
- Ceramic Sharpening Rods-Polish To A Finished Edge In Three Or Four Strokes
- Serrated Knife Sharpener-Designed To Get Inside Even The Smallest Serrations
- Diamond Tapered Rod-For Fast Reconditioning And Maintenance
3. Wusthof Precision Edge 2 Stage – 19.95 Free Shipping
This was great for its day. The only problem with this is that times have caught up and now you can get a two stage for half this price.
- Two stages
- Hard carbide steel blades
- Fine ceramic rods
- Rubberized base for sure grip; weighted to be safe and secure
- Measures 9 by 1-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches
4. 1-2-3 Miracle Sharpener – 13.49 Free Shipping
This one and Number 2 are the real winners in my book. This is cheaper and better than most two stage sharpeners.
- Diamond abrasive EDGE to shape the burr-free edge and ensures astonishingly sharp edges in seconds
- Tungsten Steel Blade for sharpening the dull edge. Creates a perfect double bevel “V shaped edge for superb cutting.
- Ceramic edge for final polish of the edge.
If you find any amazing knife sharpeners for a good price please send me a message and tell me about it. We don’t need to let our grandmas get fooled into over paying for a knife sharpener again.
So let’s recap, if you want the cheapest possible option that still works well then go for the KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip.
If you need something that can handle serrated edges then the only viable option for under 20 is the Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic
If you want a 3 stage sharpener then the way to go is the 1-2-3 Miracle Sharpener.
You can find all of these on http://amazon.com
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe